Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Goodbye Greece! 

Our house in Rochester is officially on the market today! Here's a link:
Although we are excited that we'll be living closer to our family and friends, we have made some good friends here in Rochester too who we will miss a lot but hopefully they will come and visit us. Our current house is my favorite out of all of the houses we've lived in. It will be impossible to get something this nice in Massachusetts for the same money. Prices are at least double!! Dan and I were talking last night and figured out that the home above is the 5th home we've owned. WOW! I never thought we'd end up moving so much! I wish I could pick it up and take it with us....that would solve the issue of trying to find an affordable home. We are truly ready to settle down in one location now. We have learned to enjoy living away but miss our family and friends so much at times. Now we'll have the best of both worlds. We'll be able to have our friends and family visit us and entertain like we used to (we really miss that), go to Maine when we want to and then go back home and enjoy some quiet time. Dan is excited and ready to begin his new job. He has worked very hard for this position and to get us back to the northeast. I'll keep you all updated on our progress but hopefully it goes quickly and then I can count on some of you to come and help us unpack boxes on the other end!

5 comments:

Mrs. Engelhardt said...

We're excited for you to move back to the northeast too, but I'd have to say the Gorham house is my favorite of the ones you've owned. Maybe not as fancy as the Rochester house, but very comfortable.

Anonymous said...

This is such a good idea, great way to stay informed. Perhaps you can post our wedding date, which will be October 13th, 2007.

Dan, congratulation on your new job. You'll have to tell me about your Alaska trip. I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Have a save Move and we'll be talking soon, Roy

Gavin, Melissa and Avery said...

I showed a couple of people this picture of the house and they guessed it would cost $500,000 plus in Maine, they were amazed at the price!

Anonymous said...

i love your mc mansion - hope you find something you love in MASS

Anonymous said...

well I fell I need to respond because everyone else is I have been to all your homes and my favorite one is the house in Gorham.It was very warm and cozy.I am soooo excited about you moving closer for you and me!!!