Sunday, March 18, 2007



The chick cousins dinner...

As I said in my last blog, I was meeting up with some female cousins to get together for dinner. We met up on Sunday and had a really nice time just talking and telling funny stories. From left (front), Cheryl (Hall) Day, Cindy (Hall) Keith, me (Cheryl) - on the right (front), Cyndi (Holmes) Douglass, Jamie (Holmes) DeAngelis and Patty Ann (Stover) DePeter. It's always interesting to hear about other people's perspectives on their lives growing up. For me, I've alway thought about the fact that my life wasn't always the greatest growing up but I guess I never stopped to think about other people in my extended family might have been going through some of the same things that I did. For some of them, the things that they went through were worse than what I went through. We spent 2 hours together and it wasn't all gloom and doom believe me. We all had funny stories to tell. I think everyone had a really good time. We all agreed that we should do it more often. Nobody is getting any younger and as whacky as we all have been and still are, we were once a pretty close family growing up. We'll try to get together every couple of months. I've agreed to be in charge of organizing this so I'll be thinking about our next get together and where we'll do it. We would really like to get more cousins involved next time so I'll be looking for addresses, emails or phone numbers. I'll also be blogging more regularly now that I'm starting to manage my time a little better. Stay tuned!

0 comments: