Thursday, September 14, 2006

These people........... are our neighbors from Rochester, NY. I wanted to wait to write a blog about them because every time I'd get ready to do it, they were doing another favor for us or we were doing something together that I wanted to write about. The picture above was taken on the day that Dan and I moved out of our house. It was a sad day for me and not just because we were moving out of a house that I loved but Bill (or Willy as we call him) and Sharon (The SWINGERS as my kids call them!)are two of the most awesome people anyone could have for friends. They are always willing to help out and go above and beyond whenever they are needed. Things like Sharon going to my house before they did the open house (I was away)and baking cookies in my oven so the house would smell good and people could have cookies! This is just a small example of the types of things that they have done for us. Dan and I have had some of the best times in our lives hanging out with them. We all have the same sense of humor (which is kinda rare when you're married to Willy or Dan!). They have great kids too and are very close to them which reminds me of Dan and I with our own kids. Watching them with their kids used to make me miss mine so much. I've also watched them with other friends and they always go out of their way to help them out in any way possible. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've never come across friends quite like these and Dan and I appreciate them much more than they'll ever know. They've made being away from home so much easier for me especially. We had the opportunity to eat some awesome food and from that discovered our favorite dessert which Sharon went home and improved upon. It became the norm for us to go over and visit with them or come home after a night out and Sharon and Willy were always ready with warm chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate or butterscotch toppings. Put it all in a bowl....It's delicious!! Some of you may notice that Dan and I have gained a bit of weight......well, now you see why! Sharon would call sometimes at odd hours and say "Guess what I just made"....then I'd call her a bitch and tell her that I'd be right over :-) These are friends that we will keep for a lifetime. I feel so lucky to have met them and have them in our lives. Thank you Willy and Sharon. We love you guys!
PS - To set the record straight....NO, we are not SWINGERS kids!

2 comments:

Mrs. Engelhardt said...

eeeww.....SWINGERS!!!!!!

Mrs. Engelhardt said...

seriously though, you are very lucky to have such nice friends!