Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Our Last Trip Home.....
We are currently home in Rochester, packing up the house. It's been pretty crazy and we've been falling into bed at night, exhausted. I really wanted to bring some people here to help us but Dan insisted that this would be "a piece of cake". He's now having issues with his back and is wishing that he'd listened to me so at least I got to say "I told you so". That felt good and he acknowledged that I was right to begin with. That felt good! It's amazing how much stuff we've accumulated in the short time we've lived here. We made a big donation to the Salvation Army and will probably be making a 2nd one later this week. We've gotten rid of so many things in the past 5 years, it's hard to imagine what we did when we had to move out of the house in Gorham. The movers will be here on Saturday morning to load everything and we'll probably leave later that day and drive to Albany which is the 1/2 way point to travel to Maine. The dogs are staying in Maine with Dana and Ann. Dana spent the first night sleeping on the floor beside the dogs. I wish we could have gotten a picture of that one!
The job front is looking a bit more interesting, although not really in Maine. Dan has found several opportunities outside of Maine and we're not ruling them out but are hoping that we can figure something out closer to Maine. We'll give it a couple of months and then we'll have to make a decision. We gotta eat, ya know!
We'll be going out for a last dinner with our awesome neighbors on Friday night. They've been so great to us and have been taking care of the lawn, gathering boxes & newspapers and watching out for the house while we've been gone. I know I talk about how great they are a lot but many of you cannot imagine how good they've been to us over the past 18 months. I doubt that we'll ever find neighbors like this again so it makes me sad to think we're leaving the neighborhood. I'll post again soon!

0 comments: