Monday, April 09, 2007

HAPPY SPRING!

NOT!!!!!!!!!

Boy, I was getting pretty excited when we were finally getting some warm weather these past few weeks and then out of nowhere......BANG! We get hit with this damn snowstorm that surprised us all. Danny was out of town that night. We got 14" of very wet heavy snow here at my house. We have huge pine trees in the front yard and very big limbs came crashing down sometime in the middle of the night due to the weight of the snow on the branches. My neighbor also has a couple of big pine trees and his were worse. I slept like a log (no pun intended) that night and never heard the limbs snapping off the trees. At some point in the night my neighbors tree had a very large limb fall across the road. They had to use a chain saw to cut it up.......all of this while I slept (in the front part of the house) and never heard a thing. I guess it's a good thing they all fell away from the house. If they had fallen where I was sleeping, I guess I would not have known they were coming anyway. In any case, what a mess this storm made. I got up that morning not knowing how I was going to manage to get out of my driveway.....Danny had put the snow blower in the shed (over a hill) because he didn't think we'd need it anymore this year ;-) I ended up shoveling two tire paths out of the driveway to get out. Since Danny was out of town for the rest of the week and I was not in the mood to deal with the mess, I had the driveway plowed. Bub and Tiff had no power that night so they came over and spent the night. He shoveled the shed out and used the snow blower for the rest of the yard. I hope it's truly the last storm this year. I'm ready to see what it looks like under our pool cover! We never did get to actually see it. I'm ready to haul the mixer out!!

The Baking Babies



We had a really nice day on Easter. We ended up having twelve people over. Despite the fact that I am not considered to be a cook, everything came out pretty good. Nothing was cold or too dry so that's all that counts I guess. My wonderful son is becoming quite a cook as you can see from above. He made some fantastic homemade rolls. They were a big hit. Tiffany made her now famous coconut cake (also seen above) which everyone loves.....as you can see, Dana REALLY was impressed! There was not a crumb of either one when everyone left for the day. There was however an angel food cake that Ann made (she made two) with some strawberries and whipped cream. Danny and I managed to take care of that too. We didn't want anything to go to waste!

Danny has been traveling quite a bit lately. I'm hoping that things quiet down a little bit and we will be able to enjoy the spring and summer. I'll post again soon!






0 comments: