Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Melissa's Baby Shower.......



We had a baby shower for Melissa this past Sunday. It turned out to be a warm but nice day overall weather wise. Melissa received lots of really nice gifts from everyone. It was great to see you all! We are now on a countdown for baby Avery! I'm sure the time will go by a bit more slowly than it has up to this point. Melissa is feeling pretty good but starting to get a bit more tired lately. So far I would rate this an easy pregnancy....
The picture above is a diaper cake that Lisa made for Melissa. It had almost 200 diapers and the inside had lotions, powders, wash cloths and a few other needed items. It was very cute!


I literally could not have pulled the shower together without the help of Deidre and Nicole. Deidre is always game for helping me out whenever I get in over my head with a project. I could never ask for a better friend than Deidre. She has always been the most loyal friend that I've ever had. She and Nicole spent the night so they could help me get everything ready. The picture above shows them painting faces on the baby cupcakes that we made. I think that Nicole may have even had fun with us two "old" ladies! The picture below shows the final results of the baby cupcakes. We also managed to carve out a watermelon in the shape of a baby carriage for fruit salad. The food was a success!





1 comments:

Gavin, Melissa and Avery said...

Thanks for the shower, Mommy! You always go above and beyond to make things nice for me and it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated...I will definitely be available to make more baby cupcakes in a few months when we welcome Marin/?? home, by that time Avery can come to help too!Love you