Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Temporary Housing


We have arrived in Massachusetts and are staying in an apartment on the outskirts of Lowell. It's a two bedroom, which we don't need but they didn't have any one bedrooms available so we'll stick it out with this one until a one bedroom is available. It's just eh, okay. I'm kind of freaky about the cleanliness of the place so I've scrubbed it from top to bottom even though it's done on a weekly basis.
We went out on Sunday with a realtor here and looked at several houses, in different towns. Mostly new ones. The one that I liked is so awesome inside but kind of strange looking outside with a few ugly things nearby that I'm not crazy about looking at all of the time but the inside of the house is beyond what I would have expected to find for the money. We found another one that seemed pretty good to Dan but not so much to me. It is a "green" house which has solar panels on one side of the roof which keeps the electricity, including heat and air conditioning at a cost of $500 per year! I liked the house okay but wasn't crazy about the restrictions of not using certain fertilizers on the lawn and other limitations. They also really cheaped out in the kitchen and carpeting. Who knows, we may revisit them. I'm going out on Wednesday with the realtor to look at some other houses and then Dan and I will both go out again on Sunday.
Dan started his new job yesterday and ended up going to Vermont in the afternoon for three days! That means that I'm here in the apartment by myself until Wednesday night.....not what I had in mind but oh well, it comes with the territory I guess. I've managed to keep myself busy so far. I'll be going to Maine to visit on Thursday and coming back here on Sunday morning to go back out with the realtor again. Dan will be joining me in Maine on Friday night. I'm planning to go back to New York next Monday to get the dogs out of the kennel (poor things!) and manage the house selling process there. We've had some interest but are waiting for people to "crunch numbers" as they said to my realtor. Keep your fingers crossed! I'll post again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheryl

i can't believe you get spam in here too!! i can't picture you in this apartment complex - you are VERY BRAVE. Can't wait to see you again - call me when you get up to maine.

muffin

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl, I was thinking about c getting Nicole to cover work for me one day so I could come down and hang out with you for a day but after seeing these pictures of the rent you live in I think I will wait!! sorry love ya:)