Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Okay, I'll keep playing.........
For a little while longer. I've looked at some good blog homes but I've been too busy to investigate them fully. I'll stick with this. The pictures are loading so I'll catch up with some pics from the Mall Of America (look out Deidre!) and from our day of apple picking.

We continue to be busy with things. Dan is finding his job to be pretty interesting and he really likes it. He is under a LOT less stress which makes the whole thing worth it in my opinion. I'm still on the hunt for a job. I'm not really being all that fussy either. I've applied for over 30 office jobs. Now I know that I have a little problem with low self esteem but one other thing I know is that I'm not stupid and I'm a hard and dedicated worker. I've got a lot of experience in a lot of different areas so I guess I'll just have to continue being patient on the job front.

Baylee and Ella got their first "Maine" haircut. Oh boy, I really wish I could post pictures on here. They got hacked!!! They looked as bad as I've ever seen them look. We couldn't decide if they looked like bats or some kind of rodent. I had to take them to another groomer the very next morning to see what they could do to make them look a little better. She did a pretty good job but they're going to be cold for a while!

We went out house shopping over the weekend. We saw several houses on Saturday with our real estate agent and then Dan and I went out to some open houses on Sunday. We found a perfectly located home in Gorham which will be a very short commute for Dan and hopefully me when I figure something out. We'll have to go into the house and do some work but are overall happy with our choice. We'll make the changes and it will seem more like our home. The kitchen will probably be the first to be changed which will make a huge difference. Other than that, it's mostly paint and trimming overgrown bushes. Hopefully we'll be ready to move in just before Thanksgiving. I guess that'll give us something to really be thankful for! I'll post again soon!

2 comments:

Mrs. Engelhardt said...

YAYY! You get to stay in Maine. We're very pleased!!

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo!!!!!!!! excited for you and me that you are back home:) can't wait to see your new home love Deidre